Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!


Welcome! I am delighted that you dropped by! It is my prayer that you are blessed by what you see here... and hopefully challenged, too. I am 19 years old, and my parents homeschooled me. It was perhaps one of the best things they ever did for me apart from providing a loving home for me to be nurtured in. I feel blessed that they took the time to instill in me a love for God's Word and trained me to withstand the pressures of our culture.

Unlike what the world would have me think, I understand that my gifts are for Christ and His glory. The Bible says in Romans 12:1 that we should present our bodies as living sacrifices unto God, and I pray for the strength to do this every day. The second verse also stresses that we are not to be conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Many people do not understand why I am not going to college. There was a time when I thought I might go, but God has not since shown it to be His will. I believe that the highest calling for any young lady is to eventually be a wife and mother, and I believe that the best place to prepare for this is in the home. I think, though, that you will find me to be nothing like a typical homebody. My interests are many and varying and often take me out of my home for lengthy periods of time, but home is where I always return.

Thank you for showing interest in my blog. I hope that you’ll return often and that the peace of God will touch your soul.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Good post, Susanna! I enjoyed hearing you state your beliefs in this way. It is great to have you at home!

Happy Independence Day!

Love you,
Elizabeth

Wholesome Works said...

Susanna,

Welcome to the Blogosphere!

Your convictions are very admirable and it is a pity that more Christians don't seem to want to go against the culture.

Zachary

Robert W Moore said...

Susanna,

You always thrill my heart. Welcome to blogging, and I'll look forward to following your activity here.

Dad

Erin said...

Great to have another Christian blogger! That was a good post!

Erin said...

Oh - I just looked at your profile, and saw that singing and acting are some of your favorite activities. They are some of my favorite too! I also really enjoy the Lord of the Rings books and movies, as well as Pride and Prejudice. :)

Kaitlin said...

Yes, yes, welcome indeed! So glad you've joined the blogosphere!

Brittney said...

Beautiful blog, great post! Looking forward to more ;). Welcome to the blog world. Watch out for the addiction!!! ;)

Camille said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I hope to link to you soon and look forward to future posts.